Pixel is an independent, non-profit and non-governmental organization, established on January 15th 2004, with the primary goal to contribute to the development of civic responsibility and positive changes in our society in the fields of culture, communication, legal system and informational technology. The Association was registered with the Ministry of Justice of Bosnia and Herzegovina as: BiH RU – 156/03, with the Tax ID number 4200891210004.
Pixel emerged form an independent initiative of the citizens aiming to raise awareness and improve education, this way contributing to the processes of European Integration.
Cultural initiatives inspire, strengthen and engage creative resources to help create democratic societies. Through its own projects, Pixel commences and supports cultural exchange and creative industry in Bosnia and Herzegovina, and in the whole region of Southeast Europe. Pixel presents creative and critical approach to the contemporary media, intellectual property, culture and innovative audiovisual arts in a multidisciplinary context.
The volunteers engaged with Pixel work together to encourage social, economic and cultural changes, motivating participation of all people in the democratic processes and strengthening the individual and institutional capacities by resolving issues in their communities.
Because of its outstanding members and worldwide connections with the prominent institutions for research, culture and education, Pixel became a link between modern findings and individuals on one side, and the institutions that are in need of such knowledge, on the other.
Cooperating with top local and international supremacies in a variety of fields, Pixel has developed and promoted a wide network of associates and partner organizations.
Pixel’s main objectives are:
- Encouraging and stimulating networking and communication activities
- Coordinating and participating in the implementation of the ongoing scientific & cultural projects in Bosnia and Herzegovina and the region of Southeast Europe
- Ushering in innovative and interdisciplinary methodologies in the field of art and culture through the use of multimedia platforms
- Implementing projects, offering consulting and expertise in the fields of innovation, creative industries, cultural politics, research, art management, visual communication and the role of art in social reforms
- Fostering creative potential through the use of new networking technologies and development of a better environment and greater communities
- Developing the digital culture, and producing and distributing digital content
- Organizing festivals
- Consulting on the protection of intellectual property and copyrights
- Training and educating in the field of social media, audio & video production, animation and graphic web design
- Creating and developing strategies and implementing the campaigns that are promoting tolerance, respect for human rights and youth rights, respect for differences, civil society development, and encouraging victims of violence to pursue their interests and their specific rights and needs
- Organizing conferences, debates and workshops
- Offering educational assistance on current transitional processes
- Promoting positive social values through access to social & tax benefits, contemporary management and information technologies
- Including youth in education to master animation, cartoon and comic technologies attending seminars, workshops, online trainings and joint fun activities.
- Creating and publishing various publications, such as leaflets, comics, advertising materials and tutorials within the area of Pixel’s expertise.
- Producing documentaries, short series and TV shows
- Establishing cooperation with other affiliated association in the country and abroad, as well as acting on other joint interests of the members of the Association in accord with the Founding Act and Statute.